Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Up until about a month ago I would have sworn that NARS Sheer Glow Foundation would forever be my Holy Grail, until I tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.

Overview:
Price - $50 AUD
Long-wear
Medium Coverage
Matte Finish
SPF 10
Suits most skin types
16 Shades (I am Cool Bone when fair and Pure Beige when tan)

The Estee Lauder Double Wear is marketed as a long-wear ‘medium coverage’ foundation, however you can definitely build it up to be full coverage. It covers almost every blemish, freckle and spot whilst providing a gorgeous matte finish.

The staying power of this foundation truly is 15 hours, or more, it is my go to foundation when I know I have a long day ahead of me. I am always confident that my foundation will stay in place throughout the day and it will not settle into my ‘smile lines’.

I choose to apply this foundation with a xoBeauty Flat Top Synthetic Face Brush instead of my usual Beauty Blender. I do this mainly because I feel I use less product and achieve a more natural look. However, I do go in with a beauty blender to apply my concealer to my highlight areas, which I find provides the perfect finish.

Whilst I love this foundation it does have SPF 10, which causes a white cast when using flash photography. I would suggest using this as a daytime foundation and perhaps trying a foundation with 0 SPF for nights out. 

I also have extremely fair skin… when I haven’t covered myself in fake tan. When fair, this foundation is definitely pushing the limits in terms of its match to my skin. I would love a lighter shade, however with the appropriate amount of blending I can get away with wearing it, and believe me it’s well worth it. 

I highly recommend this foundation and it has easily become my new favourite. What is your Holy Grail foundation?


Leave a Comment

  1. I adore Nars Sheer Glow, it's the best foundation I've ever used so far. But I have heard so many good things about Estee Lauder Double Wear, definitely need to try it!

    Malinda | The Crystal Tiara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it too and it's the best foundation that I ever have. I'm never changing it.. love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The double wear foundation is so amazing! So is the concealer from the same line. Lately I've been loving the cushion foundation from Lancôme (:
    http://cammi.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nars sheet glow foundation! I always wanted to try Estée louder double wear but worried that it might not work very well on my dry skin (: x

    Sleepy-heaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is pretty dry and it works for me! You should go grab a sample, it's worth the trouble :)

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of this! I don't exactly have a holy grail foundation but the one i'm loving is Max Factors 3 in 1 everyday flawless..it's fab. Holly x | http://thechroniclesofholly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to love this foundation, might be worth the money. I normally go for drugstore foundations, but one day I want to try a high-end one.

    http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently looking for a new foundation, so this post comes really handy to me. It looks fantastic and it will look great on me. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing, Tess!

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

09 10