Review: Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Body and Face

Saturday 18 April 2015


I walked into Mecca Maxima the other day and was browsing the new Urban Decay stand. As a highlight lover I am always drawn towards anything shimmery so I immediately swatched the Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Luminous. I literally stopped in my tracks and said, “Why haven’t I ever heard about this?”


As said by Urban Decay, “Our smooth, silky powder contains a sophisticated, microfine shimmer. Dust it on wherever you want to create an instant Naked glow!”

I purchased the powder in the shade Luminous, a gorgeous champagne sparkle, perfect for my fair complexion. However, it also comes in the shade Aura, which has a pink and gold undertone that would be more suited towards tanner skin tones. I have been using this product everyday as a highlighter for my cheekbones, and I’m absolutely in love with it. I also love brushing it over my eyelids and putting a little bronzer in the crease, for a quick but beautiful daytime eye.

Now don’t get me wrong, it is very glittery and may intimidate some, but used with a light hand provides the most gorgeous shimmer. I intend to dust the powder over my décolletage on nights out to add an overall gorgeous glow.



After I swatched it I knew instantly I was going to purchase it, but couldn’t help but be disappointed in the packaging. It includes a mirror and a small brush, which makes it quite bulky. I am never one to use brushes provided with products so it seems like a waste of space and makes travelling with the powder difficult.  Despite the packaging I absolutely adore this product and highly recommend any highlight lovers to check it out!

What are your favourite highlighters?

Leave a Comment

  1. I nominated you for the liebster award, I love for you to check it out and its a great way for your readers to get to know you.
    Here's the link:http://themakeupleague.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-award.html
    The Makeup League

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Urban Decay! I don't know this product but looks beautiful! What do you think of following each other, maybe inspire each other? I think it would be great, please let me know! :) Kisses and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The package looks indeed a bit plain, I'd love to see a swatch from the product, it looks really shimmery!

    ReplyDelete

09 10